Re: NTLK Question about Newton battery packs.

From: Keith Isley (newt@crosspaths.net)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:44:22 CDT

Dan,

When my battery pack started failing, I went down to our local battery shop
and bought new high-capacity NiCd AA's. (You can find them at RadioShack,
too.) I then carefully pried the metal holders away from the old batteries
(they're held together by adhesive), put the new batteries in the
appropriate spots, squeezed them all together, and put them in my Newt.
Voila! A brand new battery pack - works great, and the adhesive is sticky
enough to keep on holding.

It cost me about $10, if I remember correctly.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps!

Keith Isley
newt@crosspaths.net