Re: NTLK RE: IrDA transfer between Mac & Newtons

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 04:16:47 CDT

John Mark Davis wrote:
> So, what driver did you use? The HP LaserJet 5MP (IrDA)? No problems
> printing to the 4P or 5P?
The one which comes with NOS2.1, the built-in HP LaserJet 5MP (IrDA).

> Since I can't find info on HP's site regarding the 5MP, the 4P or 5P, what's
> the difference between the three models?
I don't know exactly, but the later model was hell slow in printing of a
single name card. The later model is probably faster in printing on the
parallel port and has a larger set of fonts and more memory and maybe a
newer Postscript.

> I'm sorry, what are you trying to say here?
It was not directly Newton related. The 3P can be switched into HPGL
mode and a Newton could send them serial HPGL codes as I do with an old
HP7440 Pen plotter. Then the Laser prints the same as the Plotter does
plot but much faster.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand