NTLK Good-Dog alive and kicking

From: good-dog@northshore.net
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 07:31:28 CDT

Folks;

There is a Mark Twain quote that is applicable here, but I can't remember
how it goes, so if anyone knows it exactly, please send it. Something
along the lines that "reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Contrary to those who'd like to see me censored, buried and banned from
the list, except as a read-only prisoner, my status to the list has not
changed. List Mom is much more aware and judicious in her care taking of
the list than some of the Newtontalk members would be in her place.

This is a request for those who enjoyed the "Paul G. Of Hawaii and his
bumbling assistant" Thread AND for those who hated it with a passion. I
heard from a good many people who actually enjoyed the posts and from
those who despised the posts with every fiber of their being.

Here's my question: What was it that was so offensive? Please be
specific, be exact. I am ignorant and wish to be educated. If there
was offense in what was sent, and many of you thought it was RACIST,
then set me straight. OR was it that I posted such a long post of a
past thread? Or was it the actual content of the attempted 'humor'? Was
it that it coincided with the server glitch so that any annoyance was
magnified? I'm unclear as to what was so annoying.

Please respond to me off-list. I am interested in your opinions. If you
hate me and want to tell me about it, about what a pathetic life form I
am, what a racist bastard I am, and how low, terrible and uncouth I am,
etc., I'm interested.

Likewise, if you enjoyed the humor and want to make positive comments,
please do so, also.

Faithfully yours,

Good-Dog