NTLK RIM Wireless PC Card

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 09:50:08 CDT

I was just browsing around the RIM web page (www.rim.net) to see if there was anything new when I looked at the page for their Wireless PC Card.

http://www.rim.net/products/pc_card/m-pccard.html

After drooling over this for a bit and wishing that I could get one to use in my Newton, I glanced down at the specifications and to my total and utter amazement I saw that they actually listed NewtonOS as a supported platform! My heart lept and I jumped for joy; my co-workers thought I was crazy.

I rushed over to the Rogers AT&T wireless site (they carry my cell phone) but to my dismay they do not offer this card on their web site, only the RIM Blackberry wireless e-mail thingies. As Rogers AT&T is the only MOBITEX carrier in Canada, I was a bit disappointed. I am planning on calling them soon to find out if they offer this card or if they can activate a card I provide.

Victor Rehorst - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
chuma@chuma.org - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca
Sent from a Newton Messagepad 2100 with SimpleMail 4.1
http://www.chuma.org