NTLK Q: internal Flash expansion (was: Re: NTLK The Mistry of Apple Products)

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 08:34:50 CDT

Hi,

on Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Paul Guyot wrote:
> Victor wrote:
> >Someone who has/had a DVT mailed me with photos of it. If I remember
> >correctly I think it had 6MB of internal flash, as well as probably a
> >pre-2.1 ROM. But I'm not sure about that last part.
>
> It had 12 megs of flash, 1 meg of DRAM and NOS 2.1 from what I remember.
> 6 megs of Internal flash is not coded in the ROM while 4 + 8 is.

Up to now i believed that the Newt (other than eMate) couldn't be expanded
beyond what's built-in because it wouldn't recognize other than the few
standard Flash sizes. So now would it be possible to make an internal Flash
expansion to use this? And what other interesting sizes _are_ coded there?

regards,
-- Wolf Lichtenberger

p.s. i read Mistry as in Mis-Try 8^)