Re: NTLK Macs on TV

From: CM Stimpson (macheel@dialfree.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 21:37:31 CDT

on 8/16/00 2:26 AM, Andy Wells at teddie@tas.quik.com.au wrote:

>> This is actually from a movie, but in the film "The Jackal" (w/Bruce
> Willis
>> and Richard Gere) the device that Bruce Willis uses to remote-control his
>> weapon has a Newton keyboard that he types on.
>
> I was watching 'Batman & Robin' recently....please don't go into
> why......... and It looked to me that when Batgirl/Alicia Silverstone was
> looking at a laptop it had an eMate shell but when we went to the front it
> was an iBook screen...another piece of Hollywood trickery or am I missing
> something ?
>

> Andy Wells
>
> teddie@tas.quik.com.au

Well, it wasn't an iBook screen, because the iBook hadn't been invented yet
at that time. But you're right. It was definitely an eMate. The screen
effects definitely had some Hollywood trickery in there...just not of the
iBook sort.

In addition to the eMate in Batman & Robin, Alfred also used a TAM
(Ok...altogether now! "TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY MAC!")

:-)

CM

--
The box said "Windows 95 or better" so I bought a Macintosh.