NTLK More Newton Sightings

From: CM Stimpson (macheel@dialfree.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 22:01:03 CDT

on 8/16/00 12:47 PM, Keith Isley at newt@crosspaths.net wrote:

> And, of course, there's my personal favorite Newton sighting: In Disney's
> "Angels in the Outfield," Danny Glover (as the Anaheim Angels' manager)tells
> his media assistant that he's going to fire him on Friday, and to "make a
> note of it." The guy does exactly that - on a Newton! :)

One of my favorite Newton references was on Saturday Night Live. Gwenyth
Paltrow (sp?) was the host. She and one of the main SNL cast were doing a
skit in a hippie-style bar where the guy was playing guitar and she was
singing. The main gig was that he expected her to sing about all this
earthy stuff, when she would actually sing about killing the forests & wild
animals (everything anti-earthy). The guy really liked her, so he was
having to choose between her & his values. (But I digress.) *chuckle*
Anyway, there's a part where she says something directed at the hippie
audience to the effect of "are you getting all this? Do you want me to say
it slower so you can get it all down on your Newtons?"

That's obviously not a direct quote, but I recall something to that effect.

Anybody else see that?

CM
The box said "Windows 95 or better" so I bought a Macintosh.