NTLK NEWTONOZ: NewtonOz Items X-LIQUIDATION

From: Oz Suguitan (ozs@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 11:49:31 CDT

Hey, Everyone! Here's NEWTONOZ ITEMS X (that's v.10, for those not using
MacOS)

THIS IS THE LAST VOLUME OF NEWTONOZ ITEMS! (not including minor updates)

Yes, unfortunately, it's true; it's the end of NewtonOz as we all know
it. Beginning sometime in October, NewtonOz will temporarily discontinue
support and sales of all Apple and third-party Newton products. We will
resume sales of Newton parts when we settle down in our new business, but
in a vastly reduced form, and it will no longer be the center of our
business, nor will the business be called NewtonOz. We are refocusing our
lineup to fit within another industry, since Apple doesn't seem to want
to be in the PDA market in the near future. We don't want to sell any of
the current or recently announced PDAs, because as we all know, even
today, the NewtonOS is the greatest, most usable handheld operating
system--even 2 years after the death of the Newton division at Apple.

What it comes down to is the fact that we can no longer rely on Apple to
provide us with new parts, and since NEW parts make up the majority of
our sales, that puts us in a bad spot. Without a reliable source of parts
and accessories, it would be very hard for us to maintain even a minimal
break even point.

Therefore, we at NewtonOz issue this final version of NewtonOz. We do so
with heavy hearts, as we have come to know some of you very well over the
course of our Newton business.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of the support they have given
NewtonOz over the past 1 1/2 years of operation. Hopefully, we'll all be
using an Apple designed handheld OS in the future.

Newton Forever! Keep AND TREASURE the Green!

-Oz
of NewtonOz

BTW: You had better get the following parts now, while you can!

- eMate 300 Battery (Apple brand, factory new)
- 9W Newton Universal AC Adapter (Apple brand, factory new)
- Newton Interconnect Serial Adapter/Dongle

Prices go up on these items beginning September 10:

- the above listed items
- ALL Styli/Newton Pens
- eMate NuShields

------

New Prices and Items effective 8/14/2000

We have changed our hours to better serve you during our Newton product
liquidation.

Monday - 11AM to 4PM
Tuesday through Thursday - CLOSED
Friday - 5PM to 11PM
Saturday 8AM to 1PM
Sunday 7PM to 11PM

EXCEPTION: Friday, August 13, 2000 - CLOSED