Re: NTLK Ethernet Card Confusion Galore...

From: thwizard (thwizard@cyberrealm.net)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 10:41:47 CDT

Dear Joel,

The difference between the PN595 and the
PN895 is the connector. The PN895 has the large two-port dongle and the
PN595 has small cable with the RJ45 ethernet connector.

It is true that the PN 595a-TP card does not work in the Newton.
Farallon changed the card designation from PN595 to PN595a-TP and also
stated that this card still works for the powerbooks, but now it is no
longer compatible with the Newton. Farallon also states that they have
discontinued the PN595 card (the one that was emate and Newton
compatible.)

There have been messages recently that state the possible availability
of the PN895. Try calling the Farallon Service Department directly.

If you wish, I have a PN895 PC card with the connector available for
sale. If you are interested please contact me off list at
thwizard@cyberrealm.net.

Sincerely,

Tim Hoyt