NTLK Re: Dumb idea ?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 03:30:11 CDT

on 8/20/00 8:45 PM, Robert Benschop at robertbenschop@bigfoot.com wrote:

> As I said, I can't test this myself since I'm not going to spend money on a
> Palm just for this test, but since it's pretty easy to export data to Palm
> Desktop and/or Claris Organizer and the Palm can synch with that data again
> the road that way seems quite easy. (or are the limitations of the Palm
> giving trouble by this stage already ?)

I really think any limits would depend on how much data you want to sync.
For instance, if you had simple meetings and todos, and merely wanted names,
addresses, main phones, and maybe emails, I can't see the process being too
difficult to sync three ways. I, too, have been playing with the idea in my
mind. Someday, I might try it. :-) The problem arises when you have 5, 6 or
7 phone numbers, three addresses, and a bunch of custom fields in your
Newton, and you want that all on you Pilot. Same with repeating meetings, or
extra data in an enhancement package like MoreInfo, Action Names, or some
such.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks to put bad shows on TV. But the shows are bad because that's what people want. It's not like Windows users don't have any power; I think they are happy with Windows, and that's an incredibly depressing thought." --Steve Jobs