Re: NTLK Contrast change on MP 2100.

From: bpearce@cloud9.net
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 09:43:28 CDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) >I recently purchased an original MP 2100 in excellent condition
>(appears to have been well handled) and I am extremely pleased with it.
>One thing I have noticed, however, is that as the MP "warms" up from use
>the contrast seems to change (gets lighter) so I need to adjust it as I
>do more tasks. Is this normal?

Temperatures do have an effect on the contrast of the MessagePad display (though I seem to
recall the display gets darker as the temperature rises). There's a package called
AutoContrast which allows you to set the contrast to compensate for a small range of
different temperatures (using the MessagePad's internal temperature sensor). You can find it
at <http://www.ee.cityu.edu.hk/~clli/autocontrast.html>.

BRIAN/bpearce@cloud9.net