NTLK Ethernet query

From: Adrian Carter (adi@cix.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:56:48 CDT

Hi

I've been having a problem linking my Newton to my desktop Macintosh.

I was thinking the problem could be related to the cable I am using, the
only cable I have access to is one that came from a localtalk adapter box
that I have. I presumed it would be O.K for the connection but now I am not
so sure.

The cable has the two phonejack connectors on either end and fits my Dlink
card card and my Mac ethernet port without any problems. The newton
recognises the card and I have setup a connection profile which loads fine.

However attempting to switch to Ethernet on the Mac prompts the Mac to ask
me to check my settings and try again the Appletalk menu box then defaults
back to the Printer port.

Sorry if this is a FAQ, I check at Chuma.org's informative Ethernet page but
couldn't get any joy.

Also could it be due to a low battery that I am getting these problems ?

Adi