NTLK No modules installed?

From: Andy Pasulka (anp@imaxx.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 05:39:22 CDT

I bought a TDK DF3000 33.6 modem (having been given a thumbs-up from R.
Benchcorp via http://www.dnug.org/) new in box for $16 at a local computer
store last week, and I'm having a tough time getting connected to my ISP.
Here are my particulars:

    MP 2000 (not upgraded)
    NIE 2.0 installed, but heck if I know if I did it in the right sequence

When I tap on Internet Setup (ostensibly to enter my PPP login and pasword),
I get a message "You cannot use Internet Setup because there are no modules
installed."

In Owner Info, I tried to set up my ISP particulars, but my only two choices
are SprintNet and ConcertNet. Does this make any difference?

What on Newt's Green earth would a module be? An internet app such as
NewtScape? I installed that after I got this message the first time. Still
no luck.

I've combed my Newton bookmarks, the FAQ, and even old NewtonTLK messages,
and I'm absolutely stumped. Anyone able to shed some light on my black/green
trouble? ;)

ANP

--

Make an exhaustive list of everything you might do & do the last thing on the list (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp@imaxx.net