Re: Replicating the Newton Advantage (was RE: NTLK Purchasing Rights to the Newton...?)

From: David Arnold (arnold@dstc.monash.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:20:42 CDT

-->"Andrew" == Andrew Chen <a_s_c@compuserve.com> writes:

  Andrew> Here are my thoughts on alternative technologies to
  Andrew> replicate the Newton experience:

(this has taken a while to reach the reply threshold, sorry)

  Andrew> Is anybody here working with the GNUton project? It sounded
  Andrew> interesting to me, but I unfortunately lack the time to
  Andrew> contribute. GNUton on Springboard could be the palm-sized
  Andrew> Newton we all wanted?

there are very few people with both the skills and the time to
contribute :-(

i have made very little progress this year -- startups *really* kill
your spare time.

as for devices, the Compaq iPaq looks ideal for GNUton: it can run
Linux, it has enough RAM and it has enough CPU ... i'm still saving
though ;-)