Re: NTLK Ntlk : A Newtoneer in Palmville, Day 2

From: THX 1138 (1f2frfbf@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 19:05:06 CDT

>When I went shopping this evening I used the Palm's calculator to total up
>what I was spending as I trudged the aisles. A task I sometimes do with my
>Newt. You can balance the Newt on the shopping trolley a lot better than the
>Palm, surely a deciding factor when you choose what platform to go for :)

Be careful with this. On the Palm IIIx I tried, the onboard calc didn't
support mathematical order (ie. 8+2*4=40 instead of 8+2*4=64) this was
rather annoying. I fixed it with an add-on program but was a bit shocked
the first time it disagreed with my head calculations...

Dunno if the newt has this problem as my calculator (a TI-82) is the same
size and I just carry it for heavy work.

Anyway. Glad to hear your thoughts.

ben.
onefishtwofish@sc.freei.net
http://newted.dyndns.org/users/1f2frfbf/newton.html