Re: NTLK Will using AC lenghten NiMH pack's lifespan?

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 21:43:09 CDT

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 Jeff Knee wrote:

-----------
>I'm concerned my MP2K's battery will die someday,
>permanently, and I won't be able
>to replace it. I know I could use AA NiMH cells.
>But, will using the AC adapter whenever possible, lengthen
>the Newt's own battery
>pack's lifespan? Will that keep it from using the pack's juice?
>Thanks
>-- Jeff
Yes it will, but eject the battery while it's plugged in so that it's not being charged every time it's plugged in. I have adapters all over. One by the bedside, one at my workdesk (home) and one at my office. The only time my Newton is not plugged in is when I'm on the move. I can go without a recharged for about 10 days. I used to have to charge everyday because I use a modem quite often (5x a day).

Constant recharging without draining your NiMH is a bad idea.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.1.2>