NTLK Line In Connector?

From: david ting (ting@helix.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 07:00:46 CDT

I've been wondering for a long time whether there are other types of
connector dongles available for the MP2100 other than the one we use to
hook up the keyboard and serial cable. For instance, when you go to
recording preferences, there is a choice for "line in." Is there a "Line
in" (e.g. RCA or phono jack) adapter available? How about a true USB
connector for the current serial port?

If there is only one serial device (the keyboard dongle) that can fit into
the MP2K/MP2100's serial port, why did Apple design the port like that in
the first place?

Thanks,
David