NTLK Re: Will using AC lenghten NiMH pack's lifespan?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 10:25:37 CDT

* Marco Mailand <Marco.Mailand@psi.ch> on Wed, 23 Aug 2000
| They are dying one after the other very badly. They even release some
| liquid which stucks underneath the sticker foil.

And that, my friends, is what happens when you overcharge batteries.

| I think the same can happen with Apple NiMH-accu packs for the
| Newton.

Not likely. The charging mechanism in the MP2x00 is smarter than that, and
they are of a much higher quality than the junk cells you bought.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \