NTLK Re: conference & the GREEN 130 Newton

From: dwatson@robertweedplywood.com
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 11:24:39 CDT

Greetings,

There is a definite convergence in the SE Michigan, Indiana, Ohio corridor
for one of the groups to meet.....
Cincinnati's is getting a lot of votes; that is a good place....

As far as the conference goes, remember there were also 3 votes for
Bristol, Indiana!
If Bristol were chosen that means my brother would probably attend....you
could meet Dr. Newton!

Therefore, there might be two *extras*,
(1) He might show you his collection of Seahorse units **Newton
Modified/Prototypes**!
(2) Have your 2000 -> 2100 upgrades performed during the conference
day/weekend!!!!
I guess I am just lazy and would like people to meet within walking
distance of my house.... : o

Regarding the Newton color issue..... this tumultuous debate almost had it's first casualty!
Yesterday, I was walking across the parking lot, staring at my Newton under bright sunlight and one of the employees
here tried to see how close he could drive a car near me without me noticing! He got about five feet
away.... Anyhoo, the driver works in our paint department, and he confirms my 130 is green. He had worked
at a paint company before working at our paint lines, so he knows what he is talking about. He says to achieve
the green sheen, some green had to be added to a lot of black paint. If we were to make laminated panels of this
color, we would put down a black coat, and then a green coat. The black would show through and look extremely
dark green. He noted that the black rubber cover over the power/serial port is indeed black compared to the dark
green case. As I type this under the artificial office lighting the 130 does appear black, though....

Dan Watson