Re: NTLK A Coding Call to Arms: Hotline

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 15:15:55 CDT

>I too have dreamed Of a Newt Hotline Client but alas, I cant program. :[

That's the kind of statement I hate. Programming the Newton at
NewtonScript level is very simple and anyone can get a good
programming skill within a couple of months. An hotline client,
provided that you have the protocol is highly feasible. What about
offering the people at nmap 101 to do it?

>But anyone Who can, please do!

Well, there are plenty of developers around. But there are also
priorities. For example, I think I would be able to do that if I had
the protocol but I have other projects opened or ready to be opened
with imo a higher priority. Now, if people say that they want the
hotline client first, I can change the priority list. (it is
available on my NPDS server).

Nowadays, I'm working on the ATA driver (development was resumed
today), the NPDS suite and the DILs (in fact, the Desktop Connection
Library - I'm preparing the re-write of the DILs)

Regards,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program