Re: NTLK Pen sensing drift

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 16:00:27 CDT

>I have no idea
>what would happen if you deleted it. You could unleash some demons, or
>crash the OS, or make the calibration program launch the next time you reset
>your Newton.

In fact, the calibration data is hold into the special structure
SGlobalsThatLiveAcrossReboots (like the patch information, but in
fact, the patch information is used there only at patches
installation, the data is meaningless the rest of the time).
It is re-loaded at startup. If the entry cannot be found, it will
simply show the calibration application and create a new data.

I have never seen the alert The factory calibration settings have
been loss, your Newton won't work anymore or something similar except
by artificially triggering it. However, I suggest that you don't play
with that.

Regards,

Paul

--