Re: NTLK Will using AC lenghten NiMH pack's lifespan?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:10:07 CDT

James Simons wrote:

> does anyone actually let the battery fully charge up?? by "fully charge", i
> mean where the messagepad does not trickle charge the battery anymore.. not
> just to where the battery percentage reads 100%..
>
> i do, but it usually takes two or more days to fully charge my NiMH
> battery.. using the 9W adapter..
>
> just because the percentage reads 100% does not mean that your battery is
> fully charged...
>
> i bet quite a few users are prematurely wearing out their batteries, by NOT
> fully charging the battery..
>
> has anyone other than myself taken this into consideration?

That's the first time I hear about this. So, by leaving the battery a
lot longer, you can achieve a full charge? 2 to 3 days seem unpractible
to me. I wouldn't be able to leave my MP for that long. What I could do
would be to use my spare 2100 to do it, though.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com