NTLK Re: Will using AC lenghten NiMH pack's lifespan?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 09:47:21 CDT

* Bradley Smith <BradleyS@artisansw.com> on Thu, 24 Aug 2000
| I never used the term 'memory'.
| I said memory effect which is what you get if you charge the cells before
| they've drained.

Which, as I keep saying, and the Battery FAQ states, does not happen. If
you think it is happening, then what has really happened is that the cells
are worn or damaged. Sometimes this can be partially remedied with a deep
discharge to break up large crystal formations in the cell. Sometimes this
cannot, as is the case when the paste inside the cell dries out.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.