RE: NTLK Also on the Kung Fu site...

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 10:20:09 CDT

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 Bradley Smith wrote:

-----------
>You need the Stripe1.21.pkg to get you the new default stripey background.
>When I installed it wanted it on an external store for some reason?
>Soon as you do this your button bar background should be stripey (no reboot
>needed when I did it).
>The other packages are alternate backgrounds that you can optionally
>install. Any that you do install become available to choose by going to the
>Newton prefs program.
I default it to Internal thinking any BB enhancement would want to be on Internal and installation was refused. It installed fine on Card. It will not work with Dashboard. when I close Dashboard, I could see it's effect on the RB. No restart required as noted by Bradley.

CAUTION!!!
When I deleted one of the module, Newtbar I think it threw a -11000 error. Silly me but I think that was the module I activated but since I had Dashboard over it, I didn't realise it. From then on, I could no longer delete Stripe no matter what I try. Restart without activating any pkgs to delete didn't help. Trashpak, SBM and Package Organiser didn't help. The error is thrown everytime you try to delete the icon. I deleted Stripes System Soup, didn't help either. Strange but when I view pkgs through SBM, Stripe didn't show up but the icon is in Extras. I guess the delete was not clean.

Had to finally erase my 32 MB and restore from another card via SBM. Fortunately, I backup before trying.

I would recommend deactivating the pkg before deleting.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.1.2>