NTLK RE: Great American Contradictions (was OT Football .... )

From: brian.tiplady@astrazeneca.com
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 10:55:22 CDT

My father-in-law always used to say: "A pint's a pound the world around"

Not only have 80% of the world not used pints or pounds or anything like
them since the French Revolution, the USA was just about the only country to
use a 16 oz pint. Everyone else (including Canada until they went metric)
uses a 20oz pint and a 16 oz pound...

I know, off-topic unless you're using a Newton to program a rocket launch!

By the way, it's not just the USA. Here in the UK you can buy a 8 foot by 4
foot sheet of 9 mm plywood, and as well as soccer we have rugby football
where you use your hands as much as in the American variety

Share and Enjoy

Brian Tiplady
AstraZeneca UK Clinical Research Group
10 Logie Mill, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HG, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 557 4929 Fax: +44 (0)131 556 3307