Re: NTLK NCU disconnects

From: dsteele (dsteele@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 00:04:03 CDT

I have a problem wiht NCU when trying to move word files to my mp2100. I
get a message that I need to run Works initially before I can do this or
something to that effect. I do have Works installed and have used it a
number of times including for this type of transfer. I've tried several
file formats but haven't found anything that makes a difference.

Any thoughts?

Dale

>Microsoft Word 98 in RTF .. Various sizes 6 to 11k. It will import some,
>large and small, otherwise it "closes down the connection to newton"
>while "reading intermediate file data", then get the error messsage "NCU
>unexpectedly quit"
>

>"Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com> on 08/25/2000 10:17:12
>AM
>
>Please respond to newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>cc:
>
>Subject: Re: NTLK NCU disconnects
>

>John_C_James@dot.ca.gov wrote:
>>
>> have been using NCU fine on Windows NT laptops and Apple 8600/200s.
>>
>> Now all of sudden, when importing files from 8600 or Windows NT laptop
>> Newtons, the NCU disconnects.
>> No changes have been made to Newtons or desktop machines.
>> Coonecton is by SERIAL, what we always have done.
>>

>Would you care to tell us what kind of files you're trying to import,
>and the size they have?
>
>-Laurent.

"Defy Corporate Greed, Make Your Vote Count VOTE FOR Ralph Nader!"