Re: NTLK Default Style

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 03:13:08 CDT

>OK, don't laugh.

haha. ;-)

>This is a genuine novice question.

Yes. Is it in the manual? Maybe we could add it to the FAQ.

>How do I specify the Newton's default text style?

The default font is set by setting the font (in the styles app or
anything else - well I shouldn't have said that, actually no other
application I know would allow that) when nothing is selected.
Usually in the Notes, I tap the dividing bar to unselect everything
and then I change the font.

>A long long time ago... I set it to System 10 pt Bold, and now, I
>want to change to something else but it seems to keep going back to
>my old default.

Maybe is it because it is stored into your notes: the default font
only applies to new paragraphs in editviews. (i.e. separated zones of
text, typically in a new note).

>I even soft reset my Newt, open Styles in Extras, set my new font
>and close. It works for a while but soon goes back to my old
>default. I wonder if Styles + is interfering. Help.

I use Styles+ too, never had any problem.

BTW, the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the font
handling of the Newton sucks a little: it doesn't manage unicode
properly, i.e. there is no need for script runs but it doesn't use
the proper font when in a single style paragraph. I have just found
where to change that...

Regards,

Paul

--