Re: NTLK Can't Backup MP130

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 13:37:54 CDT

SteveCraft wrote:

> I found the Newton Backup Utility 1.0 on Apple's web site. Now I am
> trying to do a backup of my MP130 and it always ends witha -1 error after
> looking like it is going to work for 8 seconds.

Always after 8 seconds or so? Is it backing up something when the error
occurs? I think the first information that are backed up are the system
information. If so, that would maybe mean that your system soup is
somehow corrupted. If that's the case, you would have to use some soup
editor and try to find the culprit entry that make the backup fails.

What kind of connection are you using? Serial? LocalTalk? Macintosh or
PeeCee?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com