Re: NTLK recharge in 2100

From: Hans Johnson (Strider@apexmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 21:43:07 CDT

>Well darn. I was hoping for a hack. :)
>

> > The regular battery cage lets you replace the cells easily. You can even
>> put rechargeable cells in the regular battery cage, but don't expect the
>> Newton to recharge them when plugged in. Like I explained in a previous
>> message, the mechanism to let the Newton knows that rechargeables have
>> been inserted is far more complex than the little switch in a MP1x0, and
> > only the rechargeable pack can do it.

If you're handy with a dremel tool and a soldering iron, you can
convert your standard AA battery sled into a rechargeable NiMH
battery pack.

See http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html for more info.

This involves adding a thermo resistor to the sled, so that the
newton can both sense that it is a NiMH battery pack, and also
recharge the NiMH batteries in it.

Regards,

Hans