NTLK Re: Flashing eMate problem

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien@leonardo.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 03:20:04 CDT

> in the end, the eMate liked to boot without my expansion RAM. i left
> it for a few hours. put the 6megs back in. the eMate booted fine with
> it. but the OS went screwy, corrupt System etc.

        Not too surprising...the extra FLASH memory probably had system stuff
in it. Always expect to have to do a full memory-wipe reset when you either
insert or remove a memory expansion module. It ain't like a flash card.

        Restore from backup and see what happens. Could have been corroded
contacts.

Mike O'Brien