NTLK FT: PB5300cs for Newton MP 2100 or 2000U

From: Zachery Bir (zbir@urbanape.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 01:56:29 CDT

Hey, all.

I've got a PowerBook 5300cs I'm looking to unload. I'd really like to
get a Newton again (had one years ago), and I don't have the cash to
get one. I also thought there might be a 2100 owner looking at getting
a PowerBook G3. With Apple's new trade-in project, this 5300 would
knock off $700 from the price of a new Pismo.

See:

  <http://www.pbzone.com/>

I just replaced the clock battery and the display cable. It has 24 MB of
RAM, and a 500 MB HD, but it seems to have one strange flaw, which is why it
would be best used towards a G3. It can't seem to boot off the AC power,
just off battery. It charges the battery just fine with AC once booted, it
just seems to drain the battery if left plugged in for a long period of
time.

I'd prefer a 2100 (or 2000 upgrade) with keyboard, and at least 8MB
flash RAM. Hopefully, a modem will be included as well.

Please reply quickly if you are interested, as Apple's replacement
program ends 31 August 2000.

Thanks,

Zac

--