NTLK Re:Sattelite/Cell Phone MP130?

From: richard z avery (richard.z.avery@UK.tesco.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:02:25 CDT

You may well end up using a GSM mobile in spain. I use the Orange network in
the UK and an Orange specific roaming site can be accessed at
http://www.i.am/roaming - there are some details in there for spanish networks
which may help you. Also check out http://www.gsmworld.com/ - the roaming
section.

Only trouble is as far as I can see is that you will need to purchase/rent a
GSM handset (I can point you at some urls if you are interested in second hand
purchase) plus a GSM mdoem/adapter (I use a psiondacom goldcard to link to my
Nokia 6130) plus a subscription. There are pay-as-you-go type subscriptions
available, plus SIM only connections etc. http://www.mint-tele.com/ also do a
sim only card for GSM roaming and may be worth checking out. I understand
Telefonica are a good operator - see http://www.movistar.tsm.es/

Let me know if you want any further info.

Steve Craft wrote :

I have a vanilla MP130 setup. I am taking a trip to Spain next month (I
am in Philadelphia, PA, USA now), and was thinking that it would be cool
to get a cell phone and use NIE over there in Europe.

I have no idea what to get. Does anyone have any thoughts?