Re: NTLK Re: apple quicktake 200 digital camera & newton/tibetcompatibility?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 09:51:50 CDT

>on 30-08-2000 3:42, Victor Rehorst at chuma@chuma.org wrote:

>> Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> <big camera list>
>> Connectix greyscale quickcams
>
> I don't think these work with Tibet - I recall there was much debate a while
> ago about the technical aspects of exactly why a Quickcam wouldn't down with
> a Newton. Prove me wrong.

I was quite surprised myself to suddenly see these turning up, my fault
though:

>on 29-08-2000 8:03, Brian McEwen at brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu wrote:

> Well, the one I liked best was the famous mountain climber who used his
> Newton and greyscale QuickCAM plus Tibet

Which is why I added those to my list. BUT:

>on 29-08-2000 11:54, Victor Rehorst at chuma@chuma.org wrote:

> They used a Newton 130 with an Agfa camera as well as an Olympus Camedia
> C-800L with a Powerbook 3400. Two seperate systems.

So Brian had to occasion right but the camera wrong, I stand corrected and
please remove the quickcams from the list for the FAQ, I'm mailing an
updated version to NewtonTalk as well, just to make sure that people trying
to follow this huge thread with a huge name can still follow it all on their
tiny screens ;-)

Robert Benschop