NTLK Me & Newt, happy again...

From: Bob Dawson (bdawson@tl.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 11:52:04 CDT

For what seemed like an eternity, I'd been battling with the handwriting
recognition problem discussed on this list many times and, now, I seem to
have found a solution. Me & Newt have been pals again since I replaced my
screen protector with a NuShields (my wife almost threw them away think they
were something of questionable content that had arrived for the guy who used
to live in our house!) the other day.

I'd tried many of the solutions discussed and was even considering sending
Newt in to Apple or even bidding for a replacement on e-bay but since I
started using the NuShields it's been like the good ol' days again. My
theory: The hypothesis that the problem is caused by dirt between the case
and screen may be the most accurate... the NuShields are held in place by
pinching them between the case and screen and would, perhaps, take up the
space that could otherwise be occupied by little specs of dirt.

To be fair, the touch of the NuShields is different and may not be for
everyone, although I've easily gotten used to it. And they are a bit pricey.
But they claim to be good for up to several months each so, if that's true,
that certainly nullifies the 5 bucks per buy-in.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know I, for one, seem to have found a
solution and I'd be interested to hear if anyone else tries this solution
and likes it or not.

Onwards & Upwards
        --bd--

P.S. My newt once fell off the top of my car at 15 mph and the only thing
that happened to it besides a few nasty scratches on the case, was the door
broke off. So, needless to say, I have some serious emotional attachment to
Newt and really hated the thought of having to give up on my bruised and
battle-scarred pal.