Re: NTLK Official NASP Update - sorry, finally!

From: ZACINCCEO@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 17:49:17 CDT

In a message dated 8/30/00 6:46:42 PM, lemur@nyc.rr.com writes:

<< Hello everybody!

The first thing I have to say is SORRY! SORRY there hasnt been an update in
a while! I work at a school, and out network is down. And school starts in a
week. And this equals PRESSURE and almost NO free time! Many apologies.

Anyway, here's whats going on with the Newton Aluminum Shell Project.

The first thing I'd like to point out is that this ZAC person has NOTHING to
do with NASP. As far as what he has to do with Dave Ruigh at dave design, he
hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm not sure - but I suspect NOTHING as
well!
Dave why do u think I have nothing to do with this I am helping out dave
while he works on the big orders if you want email him he will tell you

On to NASP news. The Palm cases that Dave made consist of 11 parts, whereas
the Newton 2100 consists of over 30. This fact alone means that, if a FULL
CASE with 30 parts were to be made, the cost would be more than originally
speculated. Dave brings up a good point - if only the main parts of the case
were to be made (front, back, lid...) the cost would come down, and it would
take a shorter time to design and produce. Which to me sounds like a good
idea, but I'm all about feedback!

Regardless, the timetable must be extended - Dave is very busy with a huge
wholesale order for Palm cases. I'm taking off that Sept. 15th deadline and
making it pretty much indefinite, and I'll try to do an (almost) weekly
update. Also, it would be great if you could direct all correspondance about
NASP to me instead of Dave 0 he has a LOT of work and I don't want to bog
him down with e-mail regarding a project not even in the design stage yet!

Thanks a lot, and spread the word! We have 121 people on the list!

Expect another update tomorrow!!! >>