Re: NTLK iPAQ

From: Perry McClintock (pjmccli@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 21:16:12 CDT

--Original Message Text---
From: Chris Ruprecht
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:54:02 -0500

Re: NTLK iPAQ Any Newtoneers out there have, or have used, an iPAQ?
If you don't know what it is, it's Compaq's new handheld: http://www.time.com/time/digital/daily/0,2822,51006,00.html
If you've test driven it, what do you think?
Color screen, but is it decent resolution?
Etc.

I just had a look at the compaq site - and ebay - and I'm slightly puzzled ... Compaq advertises the unit for $499 - ebay auctions are as high as $700.
Is there a shortage?

Well I read a message that some company orderd 2 and got 24, and they went very fast. Even with the bugs (Apple would never let something like this get
out) they are flying out the door. When I got mine.. had to fill out a rain-check and only 10 came in... good thing I as 3 out of 20 for that week. I understand
that Compaq started making 50,000 a week before they stopped to (as I here) fix some slight problems. I here it might to fix the display, maybe put more
memory in, and fix the main power switch door that will not say closed.....

It should be noted that one ebay sell was over $1,200... I can wait a long time before I pay about 3 times the MSRP.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaˇre
*************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet! All the players, all the news, and the