NTLK Re: NCU Backup Problems

From: Paul F. Butler (butler@nfld.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 12:36:59 EST

Thank you Laurent, Kenny & Dave for your responses to my problem. And thank
you to all others who were thinking about it.

In answer to some questions:
My Mac completely froze up and needed to be rebooted.
I am definitely using NCU and not NCK.
NBU worked fine in either AppleTalk or serial connections. With extensions
off I can establish a serial connection but not of course AppleTalk.
The PB 2400 and MP 2000 were connected via a serial cable and dongle running
from the printer-modem port to the MP.
I have successfully backed up using NCU and Mac OS 9 in the past.

Now for the good news.
I removed all traces of NCU once more and reinstalled it. It now works
perfectly. I'm guessing something was corrupted. Any thoughts? On an
additional but related matter. The suggestions were to use AppleTalk. I
prefer a serial connection because AppleTalk, although claiming to be
disconnected, refuses to let me use my printer port until I reboot my Mac. A
serial connection allows me to freely move from having my Newton connected
to having a printer connected. I see this disadvantage to AppleTalk. What
are the benefits?

Thank you all once again.
The world is a brighter place now that my MP connections are running
smoothly.

Paul

On miracles,
"I don't believe in them, I rely on them to get me through daily life."
    - Karl Rahner

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com