Re: NTLK Getting my email!!

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 23:04:02 EST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:41:07 EST BondTrails@aol.com wrote:

-----------
>Ken,
>
>I too am a newbie using internet/email stuff on my Newton 130. I just got a Hayes 33.6k pcmcia modem with x-jack and it works great for receiving my email. I did very little configuring because I use Aloha to get my mail from AOL. However, I will now try to get mail off of my other ISP's and at the moment I have no clue how to begin. What is simple mail? and where do I get a copy of it? I assume I can't use Aloha to get mail from anyone else other than AOL.
Hi Bond,
If you can get your mails, I presume you've set up NIE well. Settings for SimpleMail is made under Owner's Info. You can get a very good guide on setting up from either Simon Bell's SM home page or it's help pkg. They are at < http://ds.dial.pipex.com/simple >.

As for browsing, well, that is where I am struggling. I set my modem options to use Hayes Basic and that isn't working so well. If anyone knows where I can get a .pkg for the Hayes Optima 33.6k modem w/X-Jack then that would be a great start. Secondly, I need to use Newt's Cape but I am not sure wich version I should get. I don't mind paying the fee but I first have to figure out which version I need (1.5, 1.5-2, 1.5a, 1.5N, etc)

What do you mean by "isn't working so well."? If you search in DNUG's Modem page, you'll find a comprehensive list of drivers you can try. Its at < http://www.dnug.dk/ >

As for Newts' Cape, get the latest version. They are usually very stable before Steve release them. Correct me Steve if I'm wrong.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton Messagepad/SimpleMail/4.0b1>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com