Re: NTLK Newton comparisons (Why doesn't everyone like their visors/palms)

From: Michael Manthey (Michael_Manthey@MagicVillage.de)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:03 CDT

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 17:36:08 +0200, Michael J. Hussmann wrote:
>I have an MP2100, an eMate 300, and a Visor Deluxe, and the
>unit I use most of the time is, surprisingly, the eMate -- the biggest
>Newton ever made.

I guess it really depends on where your priorities are. I bought the eMate
as a replacement for my Powerbook and ended up using a combination of MP
2x00 and Psion Series 5. I can easily carry both in my brief-case and use
them for different purposes: the Psion (a "Greenie", after all, to keep it
in style) for route-planning, office documents, expenses and finance
(excellent freeware!), and the MP for email and fax, notes and as my
indispensable daily time-manager. We all know the qualities of our small
green friend: what's good about the Psion, is the integrated keyboard
(amazing gadget, that), the desktop-connectivity of its office apps and
the size - it's somewhat smaller than the Newton, less than half its
weight (253 gr) and yes: it runs just about as long on a set of two (!)
alcalines.

Michael

Sent by:
Michael Manthey
Melatenguertel 92
50823 Koeln - Cologne
Germany
Tel. +49 221 5107445
using Eudora Pro on Newton MessagePad 2000.