Re: NTLK eMate/Ethernet software questions..

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 07:27:06 CDT

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Larry Harrison wrote:

> I'm new to the list and new to Newton/eMate. I read the FAQs and
> tried the Farallon Ethernet PC card (PN 595) in the eMate. Upon
> inserting the card, the eMate complained that it couldn't initialize
> the card, i.e., thought it was a Flash memory card that was
> write-protected.
>
> Before inserting the card, I gathered the following from the web and
> installed them: NIE 2.0, FarallonEthernet.pkg (dated 8/29/97) and
> SimpleMail 4.0 (though it never got to that point, obviously). Any
> pointers about dumb things I may have done or not done?

Have you read the instructions?

http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/instructions.shtml

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/