Re: NTLK ADVICE: damaged screen

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 08:30:11 CDT

>touchpad replaced. Don't worry though, you data will be safe, I have had
>mine sitting in my draw for about a year and a half now without batteries
>and it has still retained all of it's data ;)

Actually there is at least one package, possibly two, that will download
all internal data to your card, if you insert the card into a Newt w/ a bad
screeen/touchpad. You can then read the card in a second newt.

IIRC there were 2 apps that did this, one was expensive (SBM? perhaps) and
I thought there was a free one also.

But your post has been up for a few hour now, and no one else has mentioned
the names...(I don't recall).

Hope that helps;

Brian