Re: NTLK MP2X00 stylus

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:32:59 CDT

on Sun, 23 Jul 2000, good-dog@northshore.net wrote:
> Do you make your own or do you purchase them somewhere?
I do make them myself (and they look like it 8^). But since they're
pleasant to handle as well as nicer to the Newts display, looks aren't
that important to me.

on Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Ben Doughney wrote:
> Do you think you could post pictures of these styli somewhere? I am
> interested in seeing what these look like.
I'll try and get hold of the digital camera of a friend to do that.
May take some time, though - it's summer vacations here now (what
they call summer here in germany nowadays... 8^).

> What type of wood did you make them out of?
Should be denser/harder than conifer wood because of stability. Other
than that, it's your choice, although i like scented wood like juniper
very much (my present 2 wood styluses are juniper) and it's hard
enough, too.

I have yet to make one that directly fits as a replacement for the
original one, though (as of now, i carry one wood stylus in my pocket).
It would have to be and remain quite straight and have about the same
dimensions as the original, especially in length and tip form, i
believe.
Somebody seen the stylus retaining mechanism inside a 2x00 and able to
tell the must-haves for a replacement stylus?

Regards,
-- Wolf