Re: NTLK Very strange Package Soup problems

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 09:23:16 CDT

Victor wrote:
>I've been having very strange problems with backups, my Package
>soup, and NCU for PC.
>
>When I had reinstalled every package back to internal, I tried an
>NCU backup again. And STILL got the -1 error while backing up the
>Packages soup. ARG!

Gosh, I should have told you that this does not look like a package
soup corrupted problem. (such a soup corruption problem makes that
some packages don't get removed, don't activate and so on, and is
indeed unfixable). It looks like a NCU backup corrupted problem. Try
to remove the previous backup out of the scope of NCU.

Hope this helps,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program