NTLK Re: OFF TOPIC..but fun...Krispy Kreme tangent

From: good-dog@northshore.net
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 07:03:41 CDT

>We recently had our first Krispy Kreme donut chain store open here in Des
>Moines, right on my way to work (more or less).
>
>.....MUST....STAY....AWAY.....

I must concur that Krispy Kreme donuts are by far the best I've had since
childhood when I'd get the donuts from a local place that made their own.
They had the same type of feel and taste as Krispy Kreme. However, it's
been over 20 years since I had Snyder's Donuts, and only in the last few
months has a guy introduced me to Krispy Kremes at work when he brought
several boxes of them up from the South Side of Chicago. He brings a box or
three to work every so often and they are gone in minutes. The word
spreads...'Krispy Kremes in the break room, hurry!!!'...and those donuts are
ancient history.

If I were Dunkin Donuts, I'd be buy every executive adult diapers. After
Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts are akin dogfood, which is to say that Newtons
are to Palms what Krispy Kremes are to Dunkin Donuts. (nice save of a
totally off topic rant, huh?)

Mark