Re: NTLK ADVICE SOUGHT: MP2100 and null modem cable

From: Olaf Bohlen (obohlen@joanna.alphapop.de)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 03:54:29 EST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Josh Neal wrote:
> Newton-Talkers:
>
> I've got an MP2100 with NIE and wish to connect it to my Linux PC via a
> null modem cable and use PPP.
Well, just run "Internet Setup", choose "New" and select "Direct
Serial 19.2", give it a setup name and _no_ phone number. then
enter username and password.

tap on "continue" to enter IP settings and another tap on
"continue" to create a login script. mine looks like this:
Send User Name
Send <CR>
Send Password
Send <CR>
Done

My timeout is 60 seconds.

> (I've succesfully configured the machine to act as PPP server, and have
> convinced my Palm VII to use PPP to connect to the outside world, so
> the Linux side is not an issue.)
would you mail us a short HOWTO? My pppd runs not well in this
configuration. I use Slackware 7, what do you use? What getty do
you use?

Thanks

Olaf 'Holger' Bohlen

--
  aaaa   a Internet Services  System and Network Administration
 a    a a  PPPP   OOO  PPPP   Olaf Bohlen (OB1142-RIPE)

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com