NTLK HELP w/ Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro

From: Meyer, Richard (RICHARD.F.MEYER@saic.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 13:07:34 EST

Greetings,
I am looking for help w/ Windows 2000.
I had NT 4.0 running & had the Newton Backup Utility working w/ no problem.
We are testing Win2k & I can't go back to NT 4.0. (Migration test thing),
BUT....... The backup utility does not work under Win2k.
I have looked through the install read me's for 'non-standard' instralls-&
this is a 'Non-Standard OS', for all intended purposes.
The structure is different enough that it will not activate the COM ports.
It will install, the port is active under the OS,
but it will not active to do the initial backup.
I am lucky in that I have a trusty Mac to keep current Back Ups & do
installs of packages, but this Win 2k thing will be causing problems down
the road for other Newt users.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Much

Richard F. Meyer