Re: NTLK Tap to Start

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 07:25:35 EST

"Harbottle, Richard P" wrote:
> is there a little utility to allow one to tap the screen to wake up the
> newton?
There's something from Standalone, I believe it was called Sleeper or
so.

> Is this even possible?
They use a light sleep mode where the Newton display is switched off but
the MP checks the display from time to time. I tried it some time ago
and it was very useful with a very short backlight setting, e.g. 15s. I
could have the Newton going into light sleep after 15s and have it
waking up after one tap onto the screen, but the Sleeper (?) program
interfered a lot with other extensions.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing ****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!