Re: NTLK Advice: mp120

From: Christopher Myers (camyers@rocketmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 00:09:02 EST

> Laurent;
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm sending my friend my old powerbook 1400, soon to
> be souped up with a g3 upgrade. She'll use that for her email. Maybe my
> post was unclear on that account. As far as the notepad, dates, addresses
> and other functions, aside from the back-lighting and memory, are the 130
> and 120 fairly comparable?
>
> I ask because I'm looking around and the 120's seem to run about 65-80
> dollars, which is a great deal. The 130's seem to go for 100 or more. I'm
> wondering if it's worth the extra dollars for the back-lighting and memory
> for the above listed functions. Is there any physical size difference?
>
> Thanks, again, for your help.
>
> Mark Winter

Mark,
Get the 130, it is worth the extra money.

The 120 OS 2 still is hampered by too little heap space that is why Qualcom
specifically says it will not support 120 OS 2 with their Eudora 1.1 for
Newt. If you plan on checking your email you will want the extra memory to
run programs the 130 offers.

I wondered the same thing too, but I do not regret getting my 130. It is A
LOT more functional than a 120 with OS 2.

I have been using 1.x Machines before, now I do not know what I was doing.
The backlight is a godsend.

Chris

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the