NTLK Re: Newton 130 dead! Dont want to panic yet...

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 04:18:30 EST

>I was using my MP130 when I got a little message that
>said "Your batteries are running low.." etc etc. Naturally, my MP130 shut
>down about 1 min later. Anyway, once I got home I put in a fresh battery
pack
>(tested it to make sure it had a charge) and my MP will not turn on at all!

A good strategy would be to

1) Remove power adapter, main batteries, backup battery
2) Repeatedly press the power on switch and keep it pressed for a couple
   of seconds
3) For good measure, leave the MP alone for some hours
4) Make sure the backup battery's voltage is approx. 3 volts and put it back
in
5) Put in a fresh set of batteries
6) Plug in the ac adapter
7) Pray (it doesn't hurt to bow three times towards the general direction of

   Cupertino)
8) Switch it on
9) If still no success, press the reset switch in the battery compartment
10) If still no success, do a hard reset as described in the manual.

Frank

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!