Re: NTLK no cmd + L for backlight!

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 09:40:55 EST

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 doppler wrote:

-----------
>unfortunately, this utility does not allow you to switch on the backlight
>with a key kombination (directly from the keyboard). ive forgotten where i
>found the app that actually could do this, as well as its name.
>
>if anyone knows where this utility can be found, please post it here!
>
>thank you
Have you tried Tap Bar's module? There is a Light button for the Status Bar. Or perhaps Silk from Catamount? SBM's options allow you to set a time frame when the Newt will power up with backlight. I set mine from 7.00 pm to 7.00 am.

There is also a pkg that let's you set a corner where tapping it will activate the backlight. The size of the active area can be adjusted (by pixels). Can anyone remember what it's called?

Of course the most luxurious addition is what I and lots of other NewtonTalker has. It's called Dashboard.;-)

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!